Sunday, May 30, 2010

Preparations, 2 days to go!

2010-05-30

I have opted to include this section Preparations, so that I will have a relief in which you, the reader, may ground your understanding of me; a comparison of the world I will inhabit and intrinsic changes that I experience... that is if any occur, time will tell.

A large portion of my day has consisted of organizing for the trip, moving things from room to room, in boxes and out. Today, I went through my stack of books that I brought back from college... it was large to say the least, yielding to me several interesting papers that I had not know their whereabouts.

I took a break and played a little tennis with Tom (step-father), while Alice and my mother played nearby. Good game had funn and quite a few laughs. Returned for more packing, finished watching the Diarios de Motocicleta (very much enjoyed and would recommend), then drove my grandmother to a party.

A little later, I went out with my mother, step-father, grandmother, and sister (Kim) to the Thai restaurant on Main Street in Bangor. Wonderful food, I ordered a Tom Kha (coconut soup) with tofu, fresh Thai rolls with tofu, and the Penang curry with... can you guess? Yep, also with tofu. Its a good thing I like tofu otherwise this might not have been an ideal meal.

Afterwords, I did a little more in preparation for the trip including organizing with Forest, via the phone, on transportation to Boston for our flight out.

Then, mother and I sat down and did the crossword puzzle... my only issue is that there are some incredibly obscure people, television show star often that I have never heard of and were long before my time. *sigh* Oh well, c'est la vie, no?



Tomorrow:
I have plans for packing from the early morning till ultimate in the afternoon then return home finish packing and head down to my father's where I will spend the night, where Suzanne has graciously offered to drive Forest and myself to Logan Airport for our rendezvous with Aer Lingus.

Auf wiedersehen my friends and country when you hear from me again, I will be in Deutschland.

No comments:

Post a Comment